I'll give you a few reasons why we should include this rich vegetable in our diet:
3) They are diuretic , they get us to avoid fluid retention and help us eliminate toxins
4) It is a depurative food that regularizes the intestine and helps us with digestive and metabolic problems.
5) It helps us strengthen the immune system
6) It has high levels of fiber and therefore is great for intestinal transit.
7) Help lower blood sugar levels , so to help in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
And if you like quiches, I recommend you take note of this, because it is very rich
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 medium molds)
- 1 Sheet of broken dough
- 6 artichokes
- 2 eggs
- 2 Greek yogurt without sugar
- 100 gr of grated cheese (I used Roncal cheese)
- Butter to grease the molds
We clean the artichokes well, eliminating the hard leaves and part of the stem, cut the ends and divide them into quarters.
We cook them in a pan with boiling water and a little salt, about 5 minutes, so that they are a little bit full, They will end up in the oven. Remove from the water and reserve on absorbent paper, to leave them as dry as possible.
Preheat the oven to 200 °
Stretch the sheet of dough and line the molds already coated with a thin layer of Butter. We puncture the base and cover with a sheet of baking paper, putting some weight on it (I use some chickpeas that I have only for this use). We bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile we beat the eggs with the yoghurts. Salpimentamos.
About the broken dough we put the artichoke quarters. Pour the mixture of the yoghurts and the eggs and cover with abundant grated cheese.
We bake between 20 and 30 minutes. When piercing with a skewer it should come out dry.
If we see that the edges of the broken dough are too brown, we cover it with a piece of aluminum foil.
We serve tempered. br>
So that the artichokes do not turn black when we have cut them, they should be put in a bowl with very cold water and covered with fresh parsley.
Some people rub them with a lemon on all sides, but for my taste that leaves them with lemon flavor and I do not go.
In all my quiches I substitute cream for yogurt, to make it healthier and less caloric. But you can always add cream instead of yogurt, if you like it more.
I really like the taste of our cheeses and in my house one of the favorites is the Roncal, a cheese made with sheep's milk and made in the Roncal Valley, in the Navarrese Pyrenees. Of intense flavor, with a slight spicy and buttery touch on the palate.